Social Emotional Learning
- DMH Helpline and Crisis Lifelines
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help
- Mental Health Mississippi
Access to local mental health services and resources for children and adults
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or text “Home” to 741741 to text with a Crisis Text Line counselor (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- PBIS World
This website gives appropriate strategies to support students with their social-emotional and behavioral needs.
- Reading is Fundamental Activity Center
Let the young children in your life explore resources about fairness on their own. This vetted, safe, and appropriate set of activities – including puzzles, games, and more – are ready for kids in grades Pre-K to 3 to use independently.
Social Emotional Activities:
Guidelines for Parents and Caregivers
- Conversation Starters for Families
Sometimes the hardest challenge is finding the right question to ask. This resource provides a multitude of questions to start conversations in the car, at the table, or when you have a few minutes to chat.
- Childhood Stress
Stress can affect anyone who feels overwhelmed — even kids.
- Coping Skills for Kids
Resources for calming anxiety in children
- Journaling Prompts for Self-Reflection and Self-Discovery
Before we can understand others, we must understand ourselves. This resource provides 30 prompts to start children writing, or drawing and acting, as they learn more about themselves.
- Mindfulness Activities for Children and Teens + Tips
Mindfulness, the joy of being, can help children slow down and understand the world around them, and their inner thoughts and feelings. This resource provides activities for children of all ages.
- Social-Emotional Learning Games to Play with Your Child
Learning to manage our own emotions while be sensitive to others is a challenge that all children face. This site provides five games that families can play to sharpen their social and emotional skills, no tech required.
- Strong Readers Strong Leaders: Social Emotional Learning
Resources and activities to help children identify, express, and manage their emotions.